The activity of the Thiochemicals is based on high growth world markets such as animal nutrition, oil and gas, agrochemicals and specialty intermediates.
The Arkema group is today one of the world leaders in thiochemicals (sulfur-based chemicals), combining innovation, services and a close relationship with its customers.
Arkema offers a complete sulfur derivatives portfolio, including:
- Intermediates for methionine and derivatives
- Thioglycolic acid and specialties
- A wide range of additives for rubber
The Thiochemicals activity serves the following main markets in a global and integrated way with dedicated product ranges and turnkey solutions:
- The food, agrochemical, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries, by taking advantage of strong growth in these market segments worldwide
- The Oil and Gas sector with odorants for natural gas and integrated solutions to enhance the operational efficiency of steamcrackers and refineries
- The chemical and plastics industry as well as the automotive market through the use of a wide range of products such as solvents, synthesis and formulation intermediates, lubricants and additives for rubber and PVC
The activity currently operates eleven production facilities: seven in Europe, three in the United States and one in Asia. Thanks to its global technical support, R&D and sales teams, it is able to provide innovative products, tailor-made solutions and services in a highly responsive manner, throughout the world.
A global thiochemicals offering
The start up of the new thiochemicals platform in Kerteh in Malaysia complements Arkema’s two sites, in Europe (Lacq in France) and in the United States (Beaumont). For the first time Arkema now has thiochemicals industrial capacities in Asia, close to fast-growing markets. The site produces methyl mercaptan for use in the manufacture of biomethionine for the animal feed market as well as DMDS earmarked for Asia’s petrochemicals and refining players (lien vers page marché).