A full range of solutions dedicated to low VOC coating systems
Accelerating the shift to a more sustainable world
Create high performing solutions to meet sustainability needs
“To change our impact on the world, we have to adapt the materials and processes we use.”
Hélène PERNOT, Head of Sustainable Offer, Arkema Coating Solutions
Unveiling the Sustainable Advantage of the Mass Balance Approach
“This offering enables our customers to enjoy a product lineup derived from renewable feedstocks, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint compared to the fossil-based alternative.”
Chris MILLER, Global Research Director Coating Resins, Arkema
Coatings for a Sustainable Future: embracing Innovative Solutions
Decarbonizing the built environment:
- Coil coating, significant energy savings thanks to UV/EB technology. According to the coil coating players, UV/EB curing technology has the potential to reduce energy consumption by at least 60% compared to conventional technologies*.
- Window and door trim. Long-lasting metal protection and reduced carbon footprint thanks to a new generation of Mass Balance-certified powder resins at low curing temperatures.
* ECCA - Zero Carbon Coil Coating Line – The Way Forward
Enabling more circular housing:
- Interior and exterior paintings. More ecological and efficient paints thanks to our bio-based specialty feeders and additives (with up to 97% bio-based content) and "Mass Balance" (up to 140% reduction in the carbon footprint of the product).
- Wooden furniture and MDF. Protection of heat-sensitive substrates thanks to our powder resins at low curing temperature (less than 135°C) allowing energy savings and recycling of unused powder.
Reducing energy consumption of buildings:
- For cool surfaces encompassing primer, basecoat, and topcoat: A unique range of solutions helping to reduce the use of air conditioning by 30%.
Supporting community health and well-being:
- Safer food packaging. More efficient and safe inks and coatings for packaging, thanks to a combination of self-reactive resins and low migration UV/LED photocurable solutions.
- Metal structures. Improve the health and safety of paint applicators with water-based, isocyanate-free systems that deliver performance as high as a standard 2-pack polyurethane system.
Enhancing new mobility efficiency:
- Electric vehicle batteries. Protection of the cells by means of a UV-curing dielectric coating to optimize the manufacturing process, but also to ensure the isolation of the cell without delamination.
Customer sustainability enabler
Brochure: ARKEMA Coating Solutions Sustainable offer:Download our brand-new brochure to find:
- Sustainable case study (alternative feedstocks, lower energy consumption, safer product)
- A focus on mass balance approach
- Our offer by technology (Waterborne, High solids, Powder coatings, and radiation curable coatings – UV/LED/EB)