Binders for water-based paints
The performance of the coating is directly related to the latex and binder, a key ingredient in the formulation.
Thanks to our expertise in both acrylic and fluorochemical chemistries, we offer the solutions you need, including self-crosslinking, core shell products with a wide Tg range needed to design a wide range of formulations.
This extensive toolbox of binders and lattices includes the following:
- Acrylic, styrene acrylic or vinyl acrylic emulsions ENCOR®, SNAP®, NEOCAR®,
- Kynar Aquatec® PVDF emulsions
- Waterborne alkyds Synaqua®
Additives for water-based coatings
A large variety of additives are used in paints to tailor additional performance properties. Arkema offers a wide range of technologies covering all types of functionalities:
- Rheology modifiers and dispersing agents, Coatex
- Flow and leveling agents and waxes, Crayvallac®
- Polyamide surface additives, Orgasol® and Rilsan®
- Surfactants Surfaline® and Noramium®
- Opacifiers Celocor®
Arkema's ingredients for waterborne formulations also include:
Innovative materials for sustainable coatings
Arkema is committed to developing a more sustainable world with an innovation strategy focused on solutions that contribute to the sustainability of the finished coating. We design products based on the following innovation goals:
Safety for people and the planet
Lower carbon footprint solutions
Including reducing the use of TiO2, Celocor®.
Video library and technical presentations
Partnering for Tomorrow Waterborne Formulations