Surfactants and specialty polyols
Arkema produces and markets a comprehensive range of surfactants and specialty polyols. Combined with cutting-edge technical support, these products fulfill the requirements of a large number of markets. The product portfolio consists of:
- Emulsifiers and bitumen additives for road construction
- Anti-caking agents and dust-control agents for fertilizers
- Flotation agents for ore purification
- Quaternary ammonium compounds for organophilic clay
- Formulations for detergents, lubricants, plastics and paper de-inking
- Specialty polyols for polyurethane, polyester, epoxy and acrylic resins for the paints, adhesives, sealants and synthetic foam markets.
Arkema+ArrMaz: A new leader in specialty surfactants
In 2019, Arkema acquired ArMazz and this acquisition makes Arkema one of the world’s leaders in surfactants. ArrMaz is extremely complementary to Arkema, geographically, commercially and technologically. ArrMaz’s leading position in buoyant markets in North and South America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa complement Arkema’s solid position in Europe. ArrMaz is also a leader on several strong growth niche markets. These include :
- The recovery of lithium ore, increasingly in demand due to the growth of electric vehicles.
- The fertilizer market, with additives that make them more effective.
- The asphalt market, with additives that improve the quality and recyclability of road surfaces.
Our shared portfolio allows us to target all market segments in all regions. Furthermore, ArrMaz is known for its formulation expertise. We build on this almost made-to-measure know-how across our product offering.
We offer a range of specialty additives for oil and gas production which enhance productivity – from extraction to refining – and preserve the integrity of plants and equipment against corrosion, bacteria and mineral deposits. The product portfolio consists of:
- Corrosion inhibitors for production networks
- Demulsifiers to speed up oil and water separation
- Paraffin inhibitors to fluidize crude oil
- Mineral deposit inhibitors
- Biocides to control bacteria
- Defoaming agents
- Scavengers (oxygen, H2S)
- Deoilers (flocculants and coagulants) for water separated from oil.