Surfactants and specialty polyols
Arkema produces and markets a comprehensive range of surfactants and specialty polyols. Combined with cutting-edge technical support, these products fulfill the requirements of a large number of markets. The product portfolio consists of:
- Emulsifiers and bitumen additives for road construction
- Anti-caking agents and dust-control agents for fertilizers
- Flotation agents for ore purification
- Quaternary ammonium compounds for organophilic clay
- Formulations for detergents, lubricants, plastics and paper de-inking
- Specialty polyols for polyurethane, polyester, epoxy and acrylic resins for the paints, adhesives, sealants and synthetic foam markets.
A world leader in specialty surfactants
In 2019, Arkema acquired ArrMaz, a leading specialty surfactants player with a presence in North and South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Thanks to the complementarity between the two entities in terms of global and local presence as well as comprehensive R&D, manufacturing and technical support capabilities, Arkema is now a world leader in specialty surfactants, innovating a broad range of sustainable specialty chemical solutions for key markets globally including:
- Crop nutrition
- Home care & Industrial
- Coatings & Resins
- Oilfield chemicals
- and more.
We offer a range of specialty additives for oil and gas production which enhance productivity – from extraction to refining – and preserve the integrity of plants and equipment against corrosion, bacteria and mineral deposits. The product portfolio consists of:
- Corrosion inhibitors for production networks
- Demulsifiers to speed up oil and water separation
- Paraffin inhibitors to fluidize crude oil
- Mineral deposit inhibitors
- Biocides to control bacteria
- Defoaming agents
- Scavengers (oxygen, H2S)
- Deoilers (flocculants and coagulants) for water separated from oil.