Your value-added partnership with Arkema
Our products Accolade® and Paladin® are available for 2 different applications:
Our grades Accolade® EC Paladin® EC soil fumigant – emulsified soil fumigant based on dimethyl disulfide (DMDS), used for drip applications in fruits, vegetables and horticultural crops.
Our grades Accolade® and Paladin® soil fumigant - dimethyl disulfide (DMDS) based soil fumigant, used for shank applications in fruits, vegetables and horticultural crops
Superior product performances
Accolade® and Paladin® are modern, and proved efficient technologies to fight soil pests, ensuring healthy, productive crops in line with values-chain needs. They are the most sustainable tools to guarantee your high return on investment:
- Broad spectrum: Accolade® and Paladin® ensure effective control of a large number of soil bound pests and diseases in various crops, including Cyperus spp.
- Long-lasting control: Growers can only rely on Accolade® and Paladin® for very long lasting control, allowing them to reduce spraying during cropping cycle and manage residues in the produce, focusing on crop performance to achieve high output and quality.
- High value for money: Accolade® and Paladin® are the new benchmark in soil fumigation and thanks to their benefits in terms of efficacy and complete fit with food chain requirements are reliable tools to achieve excellent production with a consistent return on investment.
Accolade® and Paladin® properties
The innovative chemistry of DMDS has a totally new mode of action and grants a broad spectrum of control of key soil pests, diseases, and weeds in a wide range of protected and field crops.
Not classified CMR
Relative vapour density: 3.25
% sulfur = 68% or 720 g/l
Garlic & ether-like odor
ODP (Ozone depeting potential) = 0
Purity > 99%
DMDS has a limited persistence in the environment and no long-term toxicological effect.
- Major component of the biogenic and atmospheric sulphur cycle
- Full biodegradation in soil
- Full biotop recovery within a year
- DMDS has no potential for bio accumulation, it is compatible with IPM program
- DMDS does not persist neither in air nor in water
- No impact on the ozone layer
- DMDS is listed as a flavour agent in food in the EU
- No adversely impact on pollinators and insects population
An unrivalled stewardship program
Superior product performances along with an unrivalled stewardship program, for the safety of users, consumers and the environment, make of Accolade® and Paladin® the most modern tool for soil care with:
ARKEMA’S COMMITMENT TO DISTRIBUTORS
A comprehensive set of services:
- Distributors profile assessement
- Arkema charter
- Technical support
- New innovative technologies
- Secure applications to minimize risks for operators and the environment while ensuring product performance
- Odor management
DISTRIBUTION NETWORK SERVICE TO GROWER
A comprehensive package:
- Fumigant Accolade® and Paladin®
- Barrier film
- Pump or shank machine
- Application service provider
Focus on... our barrier film TIF
Our barrier film TIF has been completely developed by arkema and is compliant with several regulations (EPA regulations in the US, European d;rective 97/474/CEE, NF T 54-795-1, CE EN 77098-7&2)
What are the benefits for the worker?
- Helps to retain DMDS longer in the soil, to obtain better efficacy and yield
- Enhances gas exchanges between deep soil and soil surface, improving uniformity of distribution
- Mitigates emissions from the field to the air
- Mitigates the worker and bystanders exposure to the product
- Helps to reduce the dose rate
- Reduces the buffer zone