The role of plant commercial / logistics managers is to efficiently control their site’s incoming and outgoing product flows, in accordance with general transportation, hazardous goods transportation, commercial law, subcontracting, and packaging regulations.
They must also ensure quality of service, as Arkema’s last « physical » interface with customers within the supply chain process.
- Represent the plant as the interface with the logistics and procurement departments, business units, sales network, and local customs authorities.
- Plan production and oversee programmes based on the plants’ unforeseeable events and commercial constraints.
- Ensure the day-to-day running of the department in accordance with safety, regulatory and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction standards by analyzing complaints and drawing up corrective measures and action plans.
- Take part in appraising service providers (hauliers, suppliers, etc.)
Skills and abilities needed
- A sense of cost-efficiency and responsibilities, accuracy and reliability.
- Good contact, ability to organize, coordinate and take decisions.
- Ability to summarize, and responsiveness.
Education and experience
Engineer or technician with sound general technical knowledge as well as good understanding of chemical markets.
Experience in supply chain / logistics would be an asset.