The diversity of its employees is an asset that the Arkema group wants to preserve. Its non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, salary levels and career management.
The Arkema group is committed to ensuring diversity among its employees. It applies a strict policy of fighting against any form of discrimination regarding nationality, age, sex, etc. This policy is applied in three areas:
- position changes and career management (mobility, promotions, etc.).
Gender equality in the workplace
Collective bargaining agreements were signed which demonstrate the Group’s commitment to maintaining professional and salary equality between men and women.
Thus, in France, through an agreement signed on 30th March 2012, Arkema promises to:
- reinforce its policy of nondiscrimination and feminization in the job access, in spite of a still weak female representation within some target formations,
- make sure to respect the principle of remunerations equity, by taking into account the education level, professionnal experience, entrusted responsibilities and in no case the gender of the recruited person,
- facilitate and support the career, by equal access to training programs without putting at the disavantage employees with flexible working time,
- support the parenting in the company and remove the drawback related to parental leave.
On 31 December 2019, female employees accounted for 25.3% of total Group employees and for 28.2% of total recruits in permanent employment contract, all categories combined.
At the same date, female employees accounted for 23% of total Group managerial employees (level 15 or higher according to the Hay classification).
Integrating and maintaining the employment of disabled persons
Through different collective bargaining agreements, the Arkema group has made a commitment to encourage the integration of disabled persons. These measures also deal with maintaining their employment and managing their return to work after extended absences.
A company agreement leads to several dozen recruitments
This agreement, which was signed in France in 2008 and renewed several times, encourages integrating and maintaining the employment of persons with disabilities.
A new four-year agreement was signed in 2017. Unanimously signed, it confirms the engagments of the company and includes the following objectives:
- hire the equivalent of 60 employees with a disability over four years
- increase the amount spent on social enterprises and work centers by 21%
At end-2018, Arkema France had hired 73 people with a disability (all contract types combined) and increased the sales generated by working with social enterprises and work centers by 20%.