Because senior research scientists are involved very much upstream of production, at the very heart of materials, they hold a key position in Arkema’s business.
- Help create new products or processes as part of large-scale projects.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams, in a research center with substantial resources and powerful tools.
- Heed market expectations, understand financial issues, and provide technical support to operators in need of expertise.
Skills and abilities needed
- Ability to apply cutting-edge theoretical knowledge (polymerization, catalysis, physical chemistry, rheology, etc.).
- A solid grounding in economics, in order to assess the value creation potential of research in progress.
- A passion for technological innovation, mental agility, and a capacity to synthesize information are additional professional qualities required for this position, together with the ability to work in a team and to network.
Proficiency in English is essential.
Education and experience
PhD in a field related to Arkema’s businesses.