The job of development / application engineer is to make sure that Arkema’s solutions and products meet customer expectations and respond to market trends.
Development / application engineers act as the interface between research, production and the market, to create products tailored as closely as possible to customer needs and suitable for industrial scale production.
Development / application engineers are therefore a force of proposition, and provide technical advice to customers on several levels, by:
- Identifying new needs and new markets.
- Integrating and understanding their issues.
- Developing customized technical solutions.
- Helping to implement the solution chosen.
Skills and abilities needed
- Ability to incorporate customer needs and anticipate market changes as part of a forward-looking approach.
- Solid knowledge of chemistry and/or materials, and ability to continually upgrade this knowledge.
- A passion for research and technical innovation, creativity and practicality, listening skills and a sense of customer service.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
Education and experience
An undergraduate (or equivalent) or postgraduate engineering degree.
Possible development toward service management or business job functions.