Do you have an engineering background? Are you interested in the quality and optimization of processes? Find out what a process manager does.
Role of the job
Process managers are responsible for worldwide monitoring, analysis and optimization of the processes within their purview. They monitor technological developments and benchmark current processes. They define priority areas for the medium- and long-term improvement of existing processes, approve programs, supervise initiatives and analyze results. They keep process reference documentation up to date.
- Anticipate business-related, technical and regulatory changes and adapt processes accordingly.
- Ensure that each process is suited to customer needs.
- Design an efficient process,.
- Manage change.
- Ensure continuous improvement.
- Determine and implement metrics to gauge performance (KPIs).
- Advise management on process breaches.
- Ability to manage projects
- Technical expertise
- People skills
Education and experience
A general or specialized engineering degree (process engineering, chemical engineering or chemistry), or a higher technical diploma. Significant experience in a process-related role, preferably in several different processes, and field experience (operational process support, process operation or start-up) are required.
The process teams work in our plants to assist the technical development of new products or new production capacities in the research and industrialization phases.