Professional organizations – helping to improve industry
The Arkema group is involved with many French, European and international professional organizations in order to exchange best practices and share experiences.
As part of its endorsement of the Responsible Care® program, the Arkema group considers that it is its duty to contribute to the development of HSE (Health, Safety, Environment) policies and best practices.
It actively participates in various committees and working groups in professional organizations and federations in the chemical industry. The Arkema group feels that exchanges within these organizations can serve as the driving force for progress in the area of social responsibility.
In Europe, the Arkema group takes part in many CEFIC working groups:
- the Council Product Stewardship Program
- the Council HSE, Responsible Care & Supply Chainthe Programme Council Industrial Program
- the Council Climate change & Energy Program
- the Fora Sustainability, which coordinates the transversal vision within CEFIC and promotes actions related to sustainable development such as circular economics.
In France, the Arkema group is a member of:
- France Chimie (formerly the union of chemical industrial firms). It leads or participates in numerous working groups on a variety of topics: technical, environment, industrial safety, HSE, transport and logistics, etc.
- the Health-Environment Commission, one of the 6 national commissions lead by France Chimie