The complexity and wide variety of income tax and other taxes now levied on companies make the position of tax specialist a vital one. The spin-off means that Arkema is taking over functions that used to be performed by the parent company.
- Track the routine transactions for which they are responsible, and approve the tax returns of subsidiaries.
- Assist with asset base restructurings and setting up commercial transactions in France and other countries.
- Handle tax audit appeals.
- Help circulate information within Arkema and keep employees informed about changes in tax legislation.
Skills and abilities needed
- Excellent legal, accounting and financial knowledge and skills.
- Independent initiative.
- Responsiveness and commitment.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
Education and experience
Five years of post-secondary education, including specialized training in taxation.