QHSE engineers are responsible for resolving day-to-day problems and anticipating safety, quality and environmental hazards on production sites, in particular by conducting analyses and sharing experiences with their counterparts.
- Ensure compliance with all internal rules regarding health, environment, quality and safety of people and property in and around the plant.
- Monitor the regulatory compliance of installations, procedures and products.
- Help advance safety and minimize risks by fostering a culture of safety and environmental stewardship among employees.
- Advise and provide expertise to the plant’s various entities.
Skills and abilities needed
- Proficiency in health, safety, quality and environmental procedures and good field experience.
- Effective use of communication tools.
- Tenacity, thoroughness, a willingness to engage in dialogue, teaching skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
Education and experience
Graduate of a top-ranked general engineering or chemical engineering school, ideally supplemented by specific training in quality, safety or the environment.