Product regulatory compliance engineers report to the Head of the Product Regulatory Compliance department, and ensure that the marketing of Arkema Group products complies with health, safety and environmental regulations..
Their role also includes assistance, advice and expertise to production sites, as well as both internal and external partners.
- Provide regulatory information and documents to Arkema’s business units.
- Keep up to date with regulatory issues relating to the use and handling of chemicals and their fate in the environment.
- Produce and update (Material) Safety Data Sheets, taking account of changes to GHS (Globally Harmonized System of classification) and REACH (European regulatory framework for chemicals) requirements.
- Contribute to preparing REACH registration dossiers.
- Assist the Head of the Regulatory Compliance department with training the personnel, projects for advancing knowledge databases and for the publication of product safety documents for users, improving internal documents, etc.
Skills and abilities needed
- Sound knowledge of hazardous product regulations.
- Concentration, attention, accuracy and a sense of responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze and summarize.
- A sense of interpersonal relations, and teaching skills.
Education and experience
A chemical engineer, ideally with a specialization in toxicology or the environment.
Prior experience in regulatory compliance or in a technical post (laboratory, plant, HSE) would be an asset.