Role of the job
Process managers are responsible—at the global level—for monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing the processes within their purview. Process managers keep a constant watch on technological developments and the benchmark in current processes. They define the priority areas for improvement in the medium and long term for existing processes and validate programs, supervise actions, and analyze results. They keep the reference documentation for processes up to date.
- Anticipate business-related, technical, and regulatory changes and adapt our processes accordingly.
- Ensure that each process is suited to the customer's needs.
- Design an efficient process, manage changes, and contribute to its continuous improvement.
- Determine and implement metrics to gauge performance (KPIs).
- Advise management with regard to process violations.
- Ability to manage projects
- Technical expertise
- Interpersonal skills
A degree from an engineering school, either general or specialized in process engineering, chemical engineering or chemistry, or a higher technical diploma. Significant experience in a process-related role (preferably in several different processes) supplemented by experience in the field (process operational support, process operation or start-up) is required.