Technical inspectors check the conformity of apparatus and regulated equipment (as required by law or by the company’s regulations), and provide technical expertise on plant and equipment.
- Contribute to organizing the inspection of all plant and equipment subject to in-house monitoring (reactors, tanks, exchangers, storage tanks, safety devices, etc.).
- Draw up procedures for preparing inspection and monitoring plans for plant and equipment in operation or under construction.
- Take part in establishing inspection plans and check their implementation.
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes, inform the relevant departments (maintenance, manufacture, engineering design), and check their implementation.
Skills and abilities needed
- Command of the main non-destructive testing methods.
- Rigour in applying regulations.
- Communication skills.
Education and experience
Technician with strong skills in boiler-making and sheet metal work, in construction techniques, and a sound knowledge of materials and corrosion.
Ideally, the applicant will have prior experience of inspection in the chemical industry.