As the contact for production engineers, maintenance engineers ensure the seamless, long-term operation of equipment.
- Ensure and improve the reliability of plant and equipment.
- Devise preventive maintenance methods.
- Prepare, plan and carry out maintenance tasks.
- Supervise the dedicated team of technicians.
- Manage maintenance budgets.
Skills and abilities needed
- Knowledge of techniques, installations and equipment.
- Good command of troubleshooting and repair procedures.
- Management aptitude.
- Thoroughness, organizational skills.
- Availability and listening skills.
Education and experience
General or specialist engineer (mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering).