The role of demand / flow managers is to improve customer service while optimizing logistics / supply chain costs and the use of production resources.
- Translate strategy into product availability.
- Coordinate planning, and schedule production accordingly.
- Optimize production planning.
- Determine, in conjunction with the product manager and plant manager, inventory levels for each product and put them in place accordingly.
- Optimize the supply chain, especially for reducing inventory.
Skills and abilities needed
- Aptitude for team and cross-functional work.
- Drive, negotiating skills.
- Fluent English is essential.
Education and experience
Graduate in general or chemical engineering, ideally with a specialization in supply chain management.
Prior experience in an operational position in the chemical industry is an asset, for instance as a development engineer or sales representative.