Chemical name: Methane sulfonic acid, CH3SO3H
Common name: MSA
Arkema’s Scaleva® is a powerful new generation acid for efficient derusting and descaling applications, especially for the tough calcium scales targeted by dairy and brewery cleaning formulations. For (clean-in-place) CIP and (blast-in-place) BIP systems, Scaleva® helps reduce cleaning time and waste treatment costs.
- Promotes rapid attack on carbonate and oxide scales
- Enhanced dissolution and removal of salts for potential rinse reduction
- Less damaging to pipes, fixtures, and vessels compared to other strong acids
- Dilute solutions safe for discharge to waste treatment facilities
- High thermal stability and non-oxidizing
- Compatible with non-ionic surfactants and most biocides.
- Faster reactions
- Improved processing
- Nitrogen and phosphorus free
- Strong acidity (with low-corrosion
- Non-oxidizing and non-foaming
- High solubility of post-cleaning salts for dissolution and removal
- Stable with strong oxidizing agents (formulates safely with hydrogen peroxide, peracetic acid).
- Scaleva® is the solution for descaling applications including cooling towers, evaporative coolers, hot water boilers, processing equipment and more.
- Scaleva® is used in Food & Beverage, concrete, household, petrochemicals, and formulated cleaner applications.
- Scaleva® is the best acid choice to replace fuming, weak, and environmentally polluting acid.
- At the same active concentrations, Scaleva® does a better job in 15 minutes than phosphoric acid does after 45 minutes.
- For stainless steel cleaning that requires high acid content, we recommend our MSA LC grade.
Scaleva® is REACH certified and NSF registered. It contains no phosphorus or nitrogen, making it environmentally friendly and less corrosive than other strong acids. It is listed as a safer chemical by EPA and is biodegradable.
Scaleva® can be formulated with a number of products to improve overall efficiency and efficacy of your cleaning mixtures. This may reduce the number of cleaning steps involved and the amount of water used.
E-PURE MSA® (methane sulfonic acid) is used in electroplating and electrolyte specially ...
MSA 70% (Methane Sulfonic Acid - CAS 75-75-2) is a strong acid widely used as a catalyst ...
MSA LC represents the latest innovation in product development by Arkema’s R&D and corrosion experts. MSA LC is a strong acid esterification ...
Methane sulfonyl chloride (MSC) is a versatile, responsive, mesyl group (CH3SO2) chemical ...
Arkema AMSA (methane sulfonic acid anhydrous - CAS 75-75-2) enjoys wide use in the pharmaceutical ...