Chemical name: Methane sulfonyl chloride
Common name: MSC
- Synthesis intermediate
- Molecular weight 114,6
- When hydrolyzed it produces Methane Sulfonyl Acid and Hydrochloric Acid
- Colorless liquid that dissolves in polar organic solvents but is reactive toward water, alcohols, and many amines.
MSC Benefits and Applications
A key reagent for a wide range of applications in chemical synthesis, it is used in pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals.
- MSC is an excellent protecting group for alcohols and amines and can be used for the synthesis of carbohydrates.
- MSC is very effective in generating good leaving groups, it can also be used as chlorinating agent, as a carboxylic acid activating agent, in the synthesis involving inversion of lactones or in the preparation of boronic esters.
- Methanesulfonates are often employed in substitution, reduction and elimination reactions.
AMSA (Anhydrous Methane Sulfonic Acid - CH3SO3H) is a strong organic acid widely used in the pharmaceutical industry ...
E-Pure® MSA (Methane Sulfonic Acid - CH3SO3H) is a ...
MSA 70% (Methane Sulfonic Acid) is an organic acid with the chemical formula CH3SO3H. It is a ...
MSA LC (Methane Sulfonic Acid Low Corrosion - CH3SO3H) is a strong acid esterification catalyst that improves yield for ...
Scaleva® MSA (Methane Sulfonic Acid - CH3SO3H) offers an outstanding ...