Arkema obtains certification for its advanced bio-based materials
In-cosmetics 2022: Arkema to showcase its solutions and innovations for sustainable beauty
Chemical name : Methyl undecylenate
Common name : Methyl 10-undecenoate, methyl undec-10-enoate, 10-undecenoic acid methyl ester, undecylenic acid methyl ester
Features and Certifications
- 100% linear bifunctional fatty ester with a terminal double bond
- High purity ≥ 97%
- Carbon neutral (ISO 14040)
- 100% castor oil origin
- 100% degree of Natural Origin (ISO16128:2016-Annex C)
- KOSHER and HALAL certified
- GMO and BSE-TSE free
- Conforms to the Natural and Organic Cosmetics standard
- Conforms to Natural Detergents and Natural Detergents made with Organic standard
- For use as chemical intermediate and as an additive in formulations
Arkema is a Founding Member of Pragati:
The World's First Sustainable Castor Program
The goal of the Pragati project is to enable sustainable castor crop production.
Used as a 100% bio-based, sustainable, carbon-neutral building block where the following properties might be needed:
- High purity
- 100% Linearity
- High reactivity
- Anti-odor properties
Common applications include:
Oleris® Methyl undecylenate is used as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of:
- Cosmetics with surfactant or anti-dandruff properties
- Organo-modified silicones for hair care preparations and sun care products
- Derivatives based on ammonium or ethanolamide used in hair care products
And in particular is used as such in formulations requiring its anti-odor properties.
INCI name: methyl undecylenate or methyl undecenoate.
Flavors and Fragrances Applications
Oleris® Methyl undecylenate is used in the synthesis of important aromatic compounds having a large number of carbon atoms like macrocyclic musks. Oleris® Methyl undecylenate is used as such in formulations requiring its anti-odor properties.
Polymerization and metathesis.
Oleris® Methyl undecylenate is used in polymerization as a chain regulator and in metathesis due to its terminal double bond and its high reactivity.
Oleris® Esterol A is a bio-based mixture of C18 (> 75%) fatty acid methyl esters processed from a renewable castor oil ...
Oleris® Esterol F is a bio-based mixture of C18 (> 73%) fatty acid methyl esters from a renewable castor oil source (FAME, ...
Oleris® Undecylenic acid is a bio-based, bifunctional fatty acid with a terminal double bond ...
Oleris® n-Heptaldehyde is a bio-based, saturated, 100% linear aldehyde from a renewable castor ...
Oleris® n-Heptanoic acid is a bio-based, seven-carbon linear chain saturated fatty acid from a ...
Oleris® n-Heptanol is a bio-based, linear seven-carbon fatty alcohol from a renewable castor ...