Surfactants and Additives
Arkema is an international player with recognized expertise in the field of surfactants, specialty polyols and oilfield chemicals (an activity previously run by its subsidiary CECA).
In these activities, the Group operates in over 50 countries and boasts extensive industrial facilities in Europe as well as a research center in France.
Surfactants and specialty polyols
Arkema produces and markets a comprehensive range of surfactants and specialty polyols. Combined with cutting-edge technical support, these products fulfil the requirements of a large number of markets. The product portfolio consists of:
- Emulsifiers and bitumen additives for road construction,
- Anti-caking agents and dust-control agents for fertilizers,
- Flotation agents for ore purification,
- Quaternary ammonium compounds for organophilic clay,
- Formulations for detergents, lubricants, plastics and paper de-inking,
- Specialty polyols for polyurethane, polyester, epoxy and acrylic resins for the paints, adhesives, sealants and synthetic foam markets.
Main products and brands
Arkema offers a range of specialty additives for oil and gas production which enhance productivity - from extraction to refining - and preserve the integrity of plant and equipment against corrosion, bacteria and mineral deposits. The product portfolio consists of:
- Corrosion inhibitors for production networks,
- Demulsifiers to speed up oil and water separation,
- Paraffin inhibitors to fluidize crude oil,
- Mineral deposit inhibitors,
- Biocides to control bacteria
- Defoaming agents,
- Scavengers (oxygen, H2S),
- Deoilers (flocculants and coagulants) for water separated from oil