Carelflex®, your premier solution for a flexible and safe sulfiding operation
Professional advice in preparing catalyst sulfiding operation
30 years of expertise
Arkema's extensive experience with over 6,000 insitu catalyst sulfiding jobs completed worldwide, is your asset as you prepare to sulfide your catalyst. Our technical specialists will propose an optimized logistic scheme and help you select convenient implementation, and review the risk analysis and activation procedure, including the amount of DMDS Evolution® E2 needed and its flow rate range.
Delivery of the sulfiding agent
Once a desired delivery date is selected, Arkema allocates the requested high quality DMDS and establishes the most suitable logistics to meet your sulfiding schedule. We can also recommend a container or containers most suitable to your situation: road tankers, semi-bulk and bulk containers (such as ISO containers) are available. During the last few weeks leading to activation, Arkema representative keeps in close contact with the refinery to adjust the final delivery date to any unexpected change of the unit turnaround schedule.
Optimize your sulfidings, maximize your runtime
Process equipment changes, new operators, catalyst selection and loading may each have an impact on the safety and efficiency of your unit start-up. Training and procedure review are important preparation steps for your catalyst activation. Arkema provides training in the fundamentals of catalyst sulfiding. We teach the DMDS chemistry, the sulfiding stages, and pathways to generate H2S via the “efficient sulfur” concept. Our expert help in procedure review and training, utilizes Arkema’s position as a global leader in organosulfur chemistry and our vast experience with catalyst sulfiding.
On-Site technical service
Carelflex® service provides the assistance of a specialized Arkema sulfiding technical expert for hook-up and controlled delivery of the sulfiding product. This ensures accurate and controlled sulfiding under safe conditions. The refiner benefits from Arkema's vast experience with sulfur chemicals and maintains complete control of the operation. The result is maximum catalyst activity and extended run times.
In addition to top-quality DMDS, Carelflex® service offers also in-line and real time hydrogen purity and hydrogen sulfide analyzers to carefully monitor the sulfiding process and anticipate procedure adjustments, saving time and product without compromising with the operation control.
Thanks to our customer’s confidence and market recognition for Carelflex® top-quality service, Arkema has extended its service portfolio to other applications or other chemical injections:
1. DMDS injection for Hydrogenation of Vegetal Oils (HVO) plants based on the same catalysts as those used in refineries, these biorefineries produce renewable diesel or jet fuels. Very similar DMDS supply and injection service is required for their hydrotreating catalyst sulfidings.
2. Amine injection for hydrocrackers (HDK) units: during the DMDS activation of the hydrocracker catalyst, the catalyst vendor may recommended an amine injection to temporary deactivate the acid sites of the HDK catalyst, and avoid large exotherms in the catalytic reactor. Arkema manufactures specialty amines and has developed Carelflex® injection services for:
- TBA (Tri-n-ButylAmine, RN-CAS 102-82-9)
- DEAPA (DiEthylAminoPropylAmine, RN-CAS 104-78-9)
- DMAPAP (DiMethyldipropylenetriamine, RN-CAS 10563-29-8)
- TMPDA (TetraMethylPropylenDiAmine, RN-CAS 110-95-2)
Dimethyl disulfide, DMDS Evolution® E2, is the leading sulfur-based, anti-coking and metallurgy protection ...
Arkema is the only company to manufacture DMDS Evolution® E2, the most performant sulfiding agent, and ...
Dimethyl disulfide, DMDS Evolution® E2, is the standard sulfiding agent to activate catalyst for ...
Ethylene is the largest volume of basic chemical produced by the steamcracking of hydrocarbons. Cracking to produce ...
Dimethyl disulfide, DMDS Evolution® E2, only available from Arkema, is a breakthrough formulation for a ...