Cecabase® RWI Asphalt Rejuvenator
The asphalt industry is being challenged to reduce its carbon footprint by using sustainable solutions that minimize environmental impact. Maximizing the use of reclaimed / recycled asphalt pavement (RAP) to build new roads while maintaining performance, durability and safety is key to addressing this challenge.
Cecabase® RWI is an asphalt rejuvenator additive that facilitates higher recycling rates while delivering equivalent or greater performance compared to virgin binder mix. Unlike binder softeners, Cecabase® RWI asphalt rejuvenator restores the rheological properties of the reclaimed / recycled asphalt pavement binder and improves operational efficiency, making higher-RAP mixes easier to handle with better workability and compaction.
Lower Carbon Footprint
- Facilitates higher RAP utilization and less virgin bitumen usage without construction or performance problems
- Enables high-RAP mixes to be produced, laid down and compacted at lower temperatures.
Improved Operational Efficiency
- Adaptable to any process or equipment thanks to its outstanding thermal stability
- Quickly remobilizes oxidized bitumen from the RAP
- Facilitates faster blending of extracted bitumen and virgin bitumen during mix production resulting in consistently performing asphalt
- Allows easier lay down, compaction and better mat density with fewer roller passes
- In addition to the base course, enables the use of high-RAP mixes for surface and intermediate layers.
- Reduces mix cost by enabling higher RAP utilization allowing for less virgin aggregate and bitumen usage
- Decreases working capital needed for bitumen inventory by avoiding the use of softer grade bitumen
- Ensures consistent supply with no need for additional storage or heating.
- Lowers critical cracking temperature of asphalt to levels found in low-RAP mixes
- Prevents aging of recombined bitumen for added durability
- Improves moisture resistance of the mix.
Evaluating Recycled Asphalt Pavement (RAP) Rejuvenators