Are you a good manager? Can you motivate your people? Find out what shift supervisors do and about their career opportunities.
Shift supervisors manage a production team and meet production targets in every respect (quantity, quality, lead-time, safety, etc.), by optimizing operation of the plant and available resources, and fostering operators’ career development.
Skills and abilities needed
- Ability to lead teams by setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Ability to ensure the safety of people, equipment and environment, the prevention of risks, and compliance with health regulations.
- Ability to motivate production operators.
- Ability to show leadership when the situation requires.
- Ability to communicate and to explain changes (in products, plant, or organization) and the reasons for them to operators.
- Knowledge of unitary operations in chemical engineering.
Education and experience
High school diploma and two-year post-secondary diploma in chemistry (e.g. advanced technician certificate or university technology degree) with at least five years’ experience.
- Assistant Supervisor
- Technical Operations Assistant
The role of our Production professions is to manufacture our products under optimal safety and environmental conditions, while meeting our customers’ expectations.