Thanks to its polar head groups and fatty chains, VPS®11 improves lubricity and anti-wear properties, while extending extreme-pressure performances without corroding copper alloys. VPS®11 is recommended for the formulation of neat and soluble metal working fluids (with a preference to yellow metals such as copper and alloys) as well as for industrial lubricants. VPS®11 can be formulated solely or in combination with other products within the TPS range (i.e. enhanced anti-wear & extreme-pressure properties in combination with TPS®20). VPS®11 is produced from renewable vegetable raw materials and is poorly colored; therefore, VPS®11 is the ideal alternative to sulfurized lards.
- Density at 20°C (ASTM D-1298): 0.95 g/ml
- Viscosity at 40°C (ASTM D-445): 250cst
- Viscosity at 100°C (ASTM D-445): 35cst
- Flash Point (ASTM D-92) > 150°C
- Color (ASTM D-1500): 5
- Sulfur (ASTM D-129) > 10%
- Active sulfur (ASTM D-1662) < 1%
- Copper corrosion (ASTM D 130) < 1b
VPS®11 is completely soluble in paraffinic, naphtenic or vegetable oils.
Automotive and transportation
- Gear oils
- Metal working fluids
- Slideway oils