Oleris® 2-Octanol is used as a green solvent for various resins intended for paints and coatings or adhesives sectors.
It can also be employed as a defoamer in different processes and as an additive for lubricants.
Furthermore, the sec-Capryl alcohol can be used as a solvent in rare minerals extraction.
As an intermediate, the sec-Capryl alcohol can be used in synthesis of a wide range of plasticizers esters and surfactants. It can produce for example:
- Alcohol alkoxylates and sulfates for detergency and personal care markets
- Adipates, Sebacates, Palmitates, Stearates for applications in cosmetic, paints and coatings, plastic, paper, textile, etc…
- Acrylates and Maleates for coatings and adhesives markets
- Salicylate, Myristate, Méthoxycinnamate for application in fragrances
Arkema is the world's largest producer of 2-Octanol.
Choose Oleris® 2-Octanol from Arkema to ensure:
- The 2-Octyl alcohol quality
- The supply-chain security
- Arkema expertise on castor oil chemistry to support your company through every step of its projects
Automotive and transportation
Chemical and plastics industry
- Chemicals and plastics
- Personal care
- Textile and leather
Food industry and agrochemicals
- Fragrance and flavours
- Minerals processing
Oil and gas
- Fuel additive intermediates
Packaging and Paper
- Pulp and paper processing
Paint, coatings and adhesives
- Paints and coatings
Lubricant and fuel additives
Paint and coating
Pulp and paper processing
Textile and leather