Strong Arkema presence at the 2013 edition of JEC Composites!
A global chemical player and a key leader in advanced materials, Arkema demonstrates its ongoing commitment in this field, with three product groups:
- Graphistrength® carbon nanotubes, sold as pre-composites for use in a variety of thermoplastic matrices and water-soluble solid masterbatches for epoxy formulations and aqueous solutions;
- Nanostrength® acrylic block copolymers, which help nanostructure certain polymers in order to enhance their properties;
- PEKK, marketed under the tradename Kepstan®, an ultra high performance material for aerospace applications, the only polymer currently on the market capable of withstanding continuous temperatures of the order of 260°C and with comparable properties to those of certain metals.
The following products will also be showcased:
- Arkema’s comprehensive range of crosslinking agents: Luperox® organic peroxides;
- Luperfoam®, a very easy to use blowing agent for unsaturated polyester foam;
- Blocbuilder® RC50, a reactivity controller inhibitor that provides excellent control over the curing of thermoset resins;
- Sartomer’s methacrylate solutions with an excellent HSE profile, as an alternative to styrene;
- and finally, Orgasol® (polyamide 6 and 12) fine powders used as binders or as additives in glassfiber and carbon fiber composites in the aerospace sector, and Rilsan® polyamide fine powders (100% biosourced) that impart outstanding chemical and mechanical resistance to thermoplastic composites.