Arkema showcases its extensive range of solutions and innovations for the Coatings market at ECS 2013
Arkema’s current product range covers a wide spectrum of resins and additives with highly diverse chemistries and technologies. This particular position enables Arkema to adapt to its customers’ specific requirements based on their location and their application markets, and to fulfil the requirements of environmentally sound sustainable chemistry, developed from renewable raw materials (vegetable oils).
Arkema, a world leader in coatings materials
This product range makes up a unique portfolio of materials and technologies, among the most extensive on the market: acrylic monomers, acrylic emulsions for water-based paints, polyester and alkyd resins for solvent-based paints, powder polyester resins, ultra high dry content resins, PVDF fluorinated polymers for durable external coatings, rheology additives (dispersants, thickeners) from Coatex, rheology additives for solvent-based industrial coatings, and finally acrylate and methacrylate specialty resins from Sartomer cover the whole spectrum of applications in industrial and decorative coatings.
The coatings activity currently accounts for 34% of Arkema’s business, and ranks the Group in 3rd place in the world among suppliers of materials and technologies used by paint and coatings formulators.
A sustained innovation drive
Arkema’s Coating Solutions segment allocates over 2.5% of its sales to Research and Development. Specialist researchers based inVerneuil-en-Hallate,Francework with the Cary Research Center, North Carolina, US, theR&DCenterrecently opened inChangshu,China, and theCoatexR&DCenterinGenay,France, all dedicated to providing solutions to the technical issues raised by customers around the world.
The ECS tradeshow is the opportunity for Arkema to unveil a number of innovations developed from this research effort.
- Encor® 2433, the first dispersion that allows the formulation of Direct-To-Metal (DTM) coatings, providing excellent corrosion protection and multisubstrate adhesion
- Coatex showcases its portfolio of rheology solutions
- Sartomer presents its lastest specialty acrylates and methacrylates developments
- Demsolv™, a new regenerated solvent safe for people and the environment
- Arkema starts commercial acceleration program with SpecialChem to support Kynar Aquatec® business
- Ceca presents its range of surfactants and polyols, functional additives and molecular sieves