Arkema at JEC: scaling up its commitment to Composites!
The Group will also be presenting its comprehensive range of adhesives, additives and high performance materials for applications involving composites with a thermoset or a thermoplastic matrix:
- the structural adhesives from its subsidiary AEC Polymers for the assembly of composite parts, with outstanding adhesion performance;
- its Nanostrength® acrylic block copolymers used to nanostructure certain polymers in order to enhance their properties;
- PEKK, marketed under the trade name Kepstan®, an ultra high performance material for aerospace applications, the only polymer currently on the market able to withstand continuous temperatures of the order of 260°C and whose properties are comparable to those of certain metals;
- its Rilsan® fine powder high fluidity grades (polyamides 100% derived from castor oil) for the manufacture of thermoplastic composite parts, imparting high chemical stability and mechanical strength, using the impregnation process;
- and finally, the Orgasol® fine powders (polyamide 6 or 12) used as binders or as additives in glass fiber and carbon fiber thermoset composites for the aerospace sector.
Discover Arkema's solutions for composite applications on Booth D42 !
Arkema and the Aquitaine Region will also be holding a press conference on the Région Aquitaine stand (G54) on Wednesday 12 March at 11.30am when they will set out their major collaboration projects in the field of composite thermoplastics.
Alain Rousset, President of the Aquitaine Regional Council, and Nicolas de Warren, Vice President Corporate Affairs at Arkema, will present their joint objective to develop new thermoplastic formulations for wind power and yachting applications through the CANOE research platform and the CARBOPREC European project, the latter recently initiated by the Aquitaine region and Arkema.