Arkema obtains certification for its advanced bio-based materials
Arkema’s corporate headquarters and its Marseille and Serquigny plants are now SuCCESS™ ...Read more
Chemical name: Esterol A
Common name: FAME, VOME from castor oil, Fatty Acids Methyl Esters in C16 - C18 and unsaturated in C18
Features and Certifications
- Methyl esters of linear fatty acids (>75% C18):
saturated and unsaturated, primarily oleate and linoleate
- Absence of heavy metals and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Specific and Unique Hansen Solubility Parameters (HSP)
- High flash point
- Freezing point @ 6°C: If low temperature properties are needed, we recommend using Oleris® Esterol
- Carbon neutral (ISO 14040)
- Readily biodegradable: > 83% after 28 days (> 75% after 10 days ) (OECD 301 F: Oxygen consumption)
- 100% castor oil origin
- KOSHER and HALAL certified
- NSF H1 Certified for lubricants with incidental food contact
- GMO and BSE-TSE free
- Conforms to Natural Detergents and Natural Detergents made with organic standard
- For industrial use only
Arkema is a Founding Member of Pragati:
The World's First Sustainable Castor Program
The goal of the Pragati project is to enable sustainable castor crop production.
Used as a 100% bio-based, sustainable, carbon-neutral fluid for applications where the following properties are needed:
- Readily biodegradable
- High flash point, high boiling point
- Heavy metals and PAH-free
- Good lubricity
- Sustainable alternative to mineral oils for various industrial applications
Common applications include:
Oleris® Esterol A has a low viscosity and good anti-wear properties and is used as:
- Lubricity additive in rolling oils
- Wetting agent in metalworking fluids
Industrial and Construction Applications
Oleris® Esterol A is suitable for use in various industrial and construction applications such as:
- Concrete mould-release agent
- Solvent for agrochemical preparations
Bio-based plasticizer in coatings and adhesives
Sustainable alternative to mineral oils for various industrial applications
Cleaning and degreasing
- Oleris® Esterol A shows a high solvent power (IKB > 60) and a high flash point
- Oleris® Esterol A can be directly used for cleaning all industrial supports soiled by paints, mineral greases, and tars
Oleris® Esterol F is a bio-based mixture of C18 (> 73%) fatty acid methyl esters from a renewable castor oil source (FAME, ...
Oleris® Methyl Undecylenate is a bio-based, bifunctional fatty ester with a terminal double bond from a renewable ...
Oleris® Undecylenic acid is a bio-based, bifunctional fatty acid with a terminal double bond ...
Oleris® n-Heptaldehyde is a bio-based, saturated, 100% linear aldehyde from a renewable castor ...
Oleris® n-Heptanoic acid is a bio-based, seven-carbon linear chain saturated fatty acid from a ...
Oleris® n-Heptanol is a bio-based, linear seven-carbon fatty alcohol from a renewable castor ...