Liquid organic peroxides and liquid organic chlorides are used in many industries in the Americas in the production of plastics such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and low-density polyethylene, as well as in fiberglass resins and elastomers, and rubber compounds.
As part of a corporate merger in 2011, the Coatzacoalcos site known as Luperox® Iniciadores S.A. de C.V. is now named Arkema Mexico
Community involvement and sponsorships
- AIEVAC Industrial Association of Veracruz State – We are a member of the AIEVAC.
- ANIQ Member since 2012 – We obtained a Responsible Care® certification.
- Civil Protection Program - Implemented in 2013.
- Local schools – Since 2005, our plant has been supporting the Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary schools located in two nearby towns.
- Also, the plant helps associations and foundations dedicated to children’s burn care and environmental recycling.
- Interplant Local Help Committee (CLAM) member – As a member of CLAM we help provide mutual support and response for emergencies.
- Part of ARHIAC - (Industrial human resource association)
- Refurbishment of the 7 de Noviembre School in El Chapo – Arkema donated funds to rebuild the school’s foundation and roof. In addition, the company helped pay for new electrical wiring, drainage systems, sidewalks, and washrooms for the schoolchildren.
|# of employees||49|
|Investment in the community||
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
|Awards/Certifications for safety, environmental, and quality||
Luperox® is a registered trademarks of Arkema Inc.
Responsible Care® is a registered tradmark of the American Chemistry Council