Products and markets
Our product brands include Rheotech™ acrylic thickeners for coatings, Coapur™ polyurethane thickeners for coatings, Coadis™ specialty dispersing agents, Ethacryl™ superplasticizers for concrete admixtures, and Rheocarb™ specialty rheology modifiers for paper coating.
Visit our Coatex website for more information.
Key figures for 2020
Number of employees
Local economic impact (includes payroll/utility/property taxes)
Investment in health, environment, and safety
4 years without a lost time injury
Our commitment to safety and the environment
Safety remains our utmost priority. The facility is committed to complying with all regulations and standards related to occupational safety, environmental protection, and pollution prevention.
- In 2020, Coatex initiated projects to reduce water and energy consumption, to cut the amount of waste sent to landfills, and to keep our employees safe and healthy.
- Hazardous waste operations emergency response (HAZWOPWER) trained employees
- Confined space rescue trained employees
- Personnel trained in First Aid, CPR & AED (Automated External Defibrillation)
- Member of CHEMTREC (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center)
- 100% of employees are trained and actively participate in the Behavior Based Safety Program.
Our site regularly engages in and provides donations for local community and educational programs:
- Chester Thanksgiving Project: Each year, Coatex assists 400 local needy families by contributing food for their Thanksgiving dinner.
- Participate monthly with the Chester County Chamber Human Resources Round Table
meetings with other local manufacturing plants.
- Sponsor and provide refreshments for the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
- Employees participate in the Junior Achievement Program partnered with the Chester
County School District.
- Sponsor local Youth Co-Ed Soccer Team and Chester County Traveling Softball Team to promote youth sporting activities in Chester County.
- Food Pantry: A collection of goods to donate to the local food bank.
- A member of the Chester County Chamber of Commerce and support various local non-profit organizations that help the surrounding communities.
- Participate in the Arkema Science Teachers Program.
Collected school supplies for the Chester Parks and Recreation Commission’s Back to School Bash.
- Sponsor local county organizations: Chester County Art Council, Chester Historical District, Local 4H / High School Rodeo event, Chester High School Athletic Booster Club.
- Provided sanitizing solution to local emergency responders during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Collaboration with the Chester County emergency response teams: Sheriff, Fire, Emergency Management with annual crisis drills and other collaborations throughout the year (pictured at right).
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program, is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Coatex is a designer and global producer of rheological additives. These high-performance and environment-friendly additives are used in a wide variety of applications, such as Painting, Paper, Mineral Processing, Detergency, Concrete, Plaster, Ceramic, and Water Treatment. For more information, please visit www.coatex.com. Coatex is a subsidiary of Arkema, a French chemical company present in close to 50 countries.
Last Updated: July 2021