Chester, South Carolina
Products and markets
Our product brands include Rheotech™ acrylic thickeners for coatings, Coapur™ polyurethane thickeners for coatings, Rheosolve™ and Coadis™ specialty dispersing agents, Ethacryl™ superplasticizers for concrete admixtures, and Rheocarb™ specialty rheology modifiers for paper coating.
Visit our Rheology and Specialty Additives website for more information.
Key figures for 2021
Number of employees
Local economic impact (includes payroll/utility/property taxes)
Investment in health, environment, and safety
5 years without a lost time injury
Our commitment to safety and the environment
Safety remains our utmost priority. The facility is committed to complying with all regulations and standards related to occupational safety, environmental protection, and pollution prevention.
- In 2021, Rheology and Specialty Additives continued projects to reduce water and energy consumption, to cut the amount of waste sent to landfills, and to keep our employees safe and healthy.
- Hazardous waste operations emergency response (HAZWOPWER) trained employees
- Confined space rescue trained employees
- Personnel trained in First Aid, CPR & AED (Automated External Defibrillation)
- Member of CHEMTREC (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center)
- 100% of employees are trained and actively participate in the Behavior Based Safety Program.
Certifications/awards for safety, environmental, and quality
Our site regularly engages in and provides donations for local community and educational programs:
- Chester Thanksgiving Project: Each year, Rheology and Specialty Additives assists 400 local needy families by contributing food for their Thanksgiving dinner.
- Participate monthly with the Chester County Chamber Human Resources Round Table
meetings with other local manufacturing plants.
- Sponsor and provide refreshments for the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
- Employees participate in the Junior Achievement Program partnered with the Chester
County School District.
- Sponsor local Youth Co-Ed Soccer Team and Chester County Traveling Softball Team to promote youth sporting activities in Chester County.
- Food Pantry: A collection of goods to donate to the local food bank.
- A member of the Chester County Chamber of Commerce and support various local non-profit organizations that help the surrounding communities.
- Participate in the Arkema Science Teachers Program.
Sponsored regional organizations including the American Cancer Society, SC Sheriffs’ Association, Special Olympics of SC, and the Children’s Attention Home for foster and at-risk youth.
- Sponsor local county organizations: Chester County Art Council, Chester Historical District, Local 4H / High School Rodeo event, Chester High School Athletic Booster Club.
- Collaboration with the Chester County emergency response teams: Sheriff, Fire, Emergency Management with annual crisis drills and other collaborations throughout the year (pictured above).
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program, is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Last Updated: July 2022