Products and markets
Arkema is one of the leading global suppliers of paints and coatings. Its high-performance products are innovative and are used to manufacture paints, coatings, and adhesives, which are respectful of the environment.
Visit our Coating Resins website for more information.
Key figures for 2020
Number of employees
Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)
Investment in health, environment, and safety
16 years with one lost time injury
Our commitment to safety and the environment
- Safety training – site utilizes the SafeStart® program and Safety Academy training which encourages safe behavior both at work and home.
- Implemented a recycling program as well as a universal waste program (batteries, aerosol cans, light fixtures, light bulbs).
- Continued upgrades and safety system compliance, planned for 2021 for capital improvements on site.
- Active in Behavior Based Safety and LeakBuster Programs – designed to identify (by peer review) any unsafe behaviors that could lead to an accident as well as any minor leaks/spills that need to be caught/addressed before becoming an issue.
- Use of a corporate-wide Safe Work Assessment Tool (SWAT) to better “Observe-Recognize-Eliminate-Communicate” workplace hazards.
- Arkema Coating Resins is continuously improving our products, manufacturing practices, and services to minimize the impact on the environment.
- Assist customers in scientific analyses to better understand the potential environmental impact of our products and formulations made with our products.
- Providing information on the safe transport, storage, and use of our products.
- Meeting or exceeding all required regulatory standards in our operations and products.
- Providing regulatory compliance information to our customers.
- Being an open and cooperative partner to the communities in which we operate.
- The plant is an active member of the local St. Charles Parish Community Advisory Panel. We work with other area industry members (including OxyChem, Galata, Entergy, W.R. Grace, and Koch) and meet with community members on a regular basis to provide information on upcoming events and operational impacts and to collaboratively address any questions or concerns they may have as we work together toward appropriate solutions.
- We are also members of the Louisiana Chemical Association (LCA) and Louisiana Association of Business in Industry (LABI).
- Arkema Science Teachers Program – Summer workshop supported by the Arkema Inc. Foundation. Local science teachers spend time studying experiment kits with the help of plant scientists. The program is designed to help science teachers expand and enhance their science teaching skills.
- United Way® Bridge Run
- Participated in the United Way® Battle for the Paddle (jambalaya and gumbo competitions).
- Donated gift cards for the St. Charles Parish Thanksgiving Day basket drive.
- Hahnville High School Football benefit golf tournament sponsor
- Hahnville High School Baseball sponsor
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection participant and sponsor
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program, is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
United Way is a registered trademark of United Way of America. Responsible Care is a registered trademark of The American Chemistry Council
Last updated: August 2021