King of Prussia's research and product development activities vary from the fundamental synthesis of chemicals and chemical intermediates to the development of new polymers and polymer blends to address the ever-changing needs of the high-tech and aerospace industries.
Located approximately 20 miles outside Philadelphia, in the vicinity of historic Valley Forge National Park, the Arkema Inc. campus resides on more than 40 acres within a short distance of major highways for the Philadelphia area and a short drive to the Philadelphia International airport.
Key figures for 2020
|Number of employees||634 employees on site, 67 sales personnel reporting here|
|Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||*$80 million|
|Investment in health, environment, and safety||
4 years without a lost-time injury
Investment in health, environment and safety
Safety is extremely important to Arkema.
- All employees are required to devote an hour+ per month toward safety awareness training.
- All new employees participate in (5 module) SafeStart® training, and existing employees are assigned a refresher course annually.
- 30+ member emergency response team on site.
- Cristo Rey High School Work / Study Program – The Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School provides four students with real-life experience. The students work once a week at the site from September through June. They are assigned duties in office services, talent acquisition, talent management and marketing. Cristo Rey is an independent, college preparatory Catholic school for under-represented urban students, giving skills to succeed in college and the modern workplace.
- Sponsor of the Future of STEM Scholars Initiative (FOSSI), a chemicals industry program that provides scholarships to students pursuing STEM degrees at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and connects these students to growth and career opportunities at participating companies.
- Sponsor for the HBCU Week Foundation, which encourages students to enroll into HBCUs, provides scholarships dollars and fosters a pipeline of corporate employment opportunities.
- Franklin Institute – partner in support of the STEM Scholars program, a four-year enrichment program for high school students.
- Science Teachers Program - Arkema Inc.’s Science Teacher Program provides hands-on training to hundreds of teachers nationwide. In King of Prussia, we host 14 teachers, providing them with science activities to help students understand scientific principles and excite them about science.
- United Way® employee donation drive and match
- Valley Forge Freedom from Hunger Food Drive
- Donations to the Montgomery County Chamber Foundation; Barnes Foundation; Science History Institute,
- Valley Forge Revolutionary Run - sponsor 20 employee runners
- Participated in King of Prussia District’s Restaurant Week to benefit Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
United Way is a registered trademark of United Way Council of America.
Last updated: July 2021