As derivatives of Hydrazine Hydrate, the 1,2,4-Triazole and its Sodium Salts are mainly used as intermediate of synthesis in Agrochemicals (crop protection), and in Pharmaceuticals (bacteriostatic, bactericide, antifungal, sedative, anti-carcinogen, tuberculostatic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, anti-viral, muscle relaxant and anti-human immunodeficiency virus -HIV- ).
The mercapto carboxylic ester find some applications:
- Fine chemical as intermediate compounds.
- Plasticizers additive for synthetic rubber.
- Antioxidant agent.
- Mining industry as collector.
- Cosmetic such as glycerol monothioglycolate (CAS: 30618-84-9) or monothanolamine thioglycolate (CAS: 126-97-6).
- Epoxy hardener by reaction of polyols with thioglycolic acid to prepare polythiols.
- Polymers : low odor chain transfer agent
EHMA is commercialy available. Arkema can evaluate preparations of others thio-esters on request.
2-Ethylhexylacrylate is a colorless liquid above its freezing point of -90°C (-130°F). Its homopolymer glass transition temperature is -70°C (-94°F).
It can be polymerized with each other and copolymerized with other monomers to produce polymers having the optimal properties for your application.