Common name : AMSA
Properties of MSAA
Arkema manufactures MSAA in a dedicated production unit in southwest France, and produces by drying 70% methane sulfonic acid.
Arkema has developed specific process conditions to achieve high quality MSSA:
- Strong acid (pKa -1.92)
- Molecular weight 96.1
- Water content < 5000 ppm
- Residual Mesylates:
- MMS and EMS < 2 ppm
- IMS < 10 ppm
- Sulfonyl chloride < 10 ppm
Our plant is certified under ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS.
Arkema offers global distribution of AMSA in 30, 200, 1000 liter drums and in bulk.
Benefits of MSAA
- Enhanced water solubility and stability of the active Pharmaceutical Ingredient salts
- Facilitated and faster reactions
- Lower toxicity and eco-toxicity
MSSA widely used in pharmaceutical applications
Arkema manufactures high quality Anhydrous Methane Sulfonic Acid in line with the European pharmacopeia specification. It is widely used as:
- Formation of pharmacologically acceptable API salts
- Dehydrating reaction solvent
- Reaction, extraction, purification and crystallization of synthetic intermediates synthetic raw material
- Acid catalyst, particularly for formation and removal of protecting groups
E-Pure® MSA (Methane Sulfonic Acid - CH3SO3H) is a biodegradable acid used in ...
MSA 70% (Methane Sulfonic Acid - CH3SO3H) is a strong acid widely used as a catalyst (esterification, alkylation, ...
MSA (Methane Sulfonic Acid - CH3SO3H) LC represents the latest innovation in product development by Arkema’s R&D and corrosion ...
Methane sulfonyl chloride (MSC) is a versatile and responsive chemical (CH3SO2Cl) for substitution in a number of reactions. Methane ...
Scaleva® MSA (Methane Sulfonic Acid - CH3SO3H) offers an outstanding combination of properties ...