Oleris® 2-Octanol is used as a green solvent for various resins intended for paints and coatings or adhesives sectors.
It can also be employed as a defoamer in different processes and as an additive for lubricants.
Furthermore, the sec-Capryl alcohol can be used as a solvent in rare minerals extraction.
As an intermediate, the sec-Capryl alcohol can be used in synthesis of a wide range of plasticizers esters and surfactants. It can produce for example:
- Alcohol alkoxylates and sulfates for detergency and personal care markets
- Adipates, Sebacates, Palmitates, Stearates for applications in cosmetic, paints and coatings, plastic, paper, textile, etc…
- Acrylates and Maleates for coatings and adhesives markets
- Salicylate, Myristate, Méthoxycinnamate for application in fragrances
Arkema is the world's largest producer of 2-Octanol.
Choose Oleris® 2-Octanol from Arkema to ensure:
- The 2-Octyl alcohol quality
- The supply-chain security
- Arkema expertise on castor oil chemistry to support your company through every step of its projects
Oleris® Dimethyl Sebacate (DMS) is a dimethyl ester of sebacic acid. Oleris® DMS has a vegetal ...
Oleris® Bio-Based Esterol A is a mixture of fatty acids methyl esters in C18 processed from castor oil (FAME, VOME from castor ...
Oleris® Bio-Based Esterol F is a mixture of fatty acid methyl esters in C18 processed from castor oil (FAME, VOME from castor oil) ...
Oleris® Bio-Based Methyl Undecylenate is a linear ester with a ...
Oleris® Sebacic acid is a natural C10 liquid fatty acid, directly produced from castor oil. Our ...
Oleris® Bio-Based Undecylenic acid is a fatty acid with a terminal double bond used as a synthesis ...
Oleris® Bio-Based n-Heptaldehyde or n-Heptanal is a saturated and 100% linear aldehyde.
Oleris® Bio-Based n-Heptanoic acid is a seven-carbon linear chain saturated fatty acid that can be used in ...
Oleris® Bio-Based n-Heptanol is a linear seven-carbon fatty alcohol.