Arkema will present its full range of specialty materials enhancing the efficiency, sustainability and reliability of electric vehicle and energy storage system batteries at the Battery Show North America 2023, Sept. 12-14 in Novi, Mich.
Visit booth #2827 to learn more about Arkema’s strong solution portfolio for applications both inside and outside the cell, including more sustainable solutions for cell assembly, pack assembly, thermal management, insulation, high voltage energy management systems and fire protection.
In addition, Arkema will highlight recent acquisitions and partnerships that will further enable it to accelerate its long-standing commitment to advance electric mobility.
“Arkema is investing in the future of batteries, particularly in the rapidly growing North American market,” said Mickael Havel, North America Battery Market Manager at Arkema. “The Group’s unique synergies across its Adhesive Solutions, Coating Solutions and Advanced Materials segments, and presence in key geographies, enables us to develop innovative solutions for our customers and partners across the battery ecosystem.”
Learn more about Arkema’s specialty materials for batteries and systems here. Experts from each of the market applications and segments will be present at booth #2827 for any questions.
- Arkema announced the planned acquisition of Polytec PT to strengthen Bostik’s product offer and become a significant player in the thermal interface materials for batteries. This acquisition is part of the Group’s strategy to become a full system provider and support its customers to develop sustainable solutions in these markets. Read more.
- Arkema extended its suite of advanced “inside the cell” solutions for batteries with the launch of its Incellion™ range of waterborne acrylic solutions for high-capacity anodes, cathode primers and ceramic coated separators. Arkema is also a global innovation leader in Kynar® PVDF based electrode binders and separator coatings, and next generation Foranext® electrolyte salts. Read more.
- Demonstrating its commitment to sustainability, Arkema has partnered with ENGIE to purchase 300 GWh/year of renewable biomethane, further reducing the carbon footprint of Rilsan® Polyamide 11. 100% bio-based Rilsan® PA11, derived from renewable castor plants, offers superior performance in power distribution and thermal management applications in EV.
- Arkema is also showcasing its 100% Bio-based Oleris® materials for dielectric fluids for direct fluid immersion cooling systems. The carbon neutral n-heptanoic acid enables the synthesis of more sustainable high-performance polyol esters, producing dielectric fluids with low viscosity, lower pour point, excellent oxidation stability, and biodegradability. Read more.
- Arkema is developing performance solutions for lower energy-intensive, solvent-free dielectric coatings through its Sartomer® UV-curable specialties. These high-performance solutions enable instant drying, easy application, exceptional dielectric properties and streamline mass production of battery cell coatings. Read more.
- Arkema is collaborating with the Rhinoceros Project, a consortium dedicated to advancing sustainable reuse and recycling in lithium-ion batteries across the European Union with focus on recovering and recycling KYNAR® PVDF. Learn more. Arkema offers solutions for hydrometallurgical recycling including Albone® hydrogen peroxide and Peroxal® hydrogen peroxide.
Incellion is a trademark of Coatex
Kynar, Foranex, Albone, Peroxal and Sartomer are registered trademarks of Arkema