In France, but also in the United States, 11 of our sites have partnered the women's branches of football clubs in their region to help develop amateur women's football. From financing equipment and shirts to contributing to funding the training of coaches, this support aims to provide these clubs with the means to welcome and train young female players of all levels in optimum conditions.
“Our sponsorship of Division 1 of women's football in France gives us legitimacy to help develop the practice of football among young women at all the small clubs near our plants. With these outreach initiatives launched by our plants in the regions in which the Group operates, we want to support these clubs to attract more players and give them the means to train in good conditions. For us, the message is simple: women must be able to find their place on the football pitch and in industry, two historically male worlds.”
Arkema Communications Vice President.
Congratulations to the communication teams at our French sites in Colombes, Carling, CERDATO in Serquigny, Coatex Genay, GRL in Lacq, Mont, Bostik Privas, Villers-Saint-Paul, Jarrie, as well as our Cary and King of Prussia facilities in the United States, for their commitment to these local clubs.
Partnerships in France
- Colombes: Partnership with the club of Carrières sur Seine
- Carling: Partnership with the Moselle District
- Cerdato: Support for the Thiberville SC and Serquigny FC
- Genay (Coatex): Support for the club FC Bords de Saone
- GRL : Support to Gan FC
- Jarrie: Partnership with Grenoble, a D2 Women's club
- Mont: Support for the clubs of MOURENX Bourg and ES Pyrénéenne Football
- Privas (Bostik): Support for the Eyrieux Embroye FC
- Villers St Paul: Support for the club Union Sportive Pont-Ste-Maxence
Partnerships in USA
- Arkema Inc + Cary site: Partnership with the NC Courage, the latest winner of the national championship
- King of Prussia: Support for the NY Magic with our Pebax® brand
Arkema has teamed up with the famous North Carolina Courage team for the 2021 season.
Arkema is now an official partner of North Carolina Courage, a Division 1 women's professional football team that is part of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). NC Courage plays home games at the Sahlen Stadium of the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, North Carolina, less than 10 miles from our Cary site.
As part of its partnership, Arkema will also benefit from an exclusive one-minute LED field display during two NC Courage home games broadcast nationally on Twitch or CBS during the 2021 season. Arkema will also be present with its logo on the NC Courage Twitter account (@TheNCCourage) throughout the season.
NC Courage was established in January 2017 and the team won three consecutive NWSL shields, the first Women’s ICC (International Champions Cup), as well as the 2018 and 2019 NWSL championships.
NWSL is a 10-team Division 1 women's professional league featuring national team players from around the world. The clubs are the Chicago Red Stars, Houston Dash, Kansas City, NJ / NY Gotham FC, North Carolina Courage, Orlando Pride, Portland Thorns FC, OL Reign, Racing Louisville FC, and Washington Spirit.