The Oise Research Center (CRO) is the European research and development center for coating resins for the Arkema Coating Resins and Sartomer Business Units.
Located on the INERIS site in Verneuil-en-Halatte, the CRO is historically attached to the French Coal Research Center. First specialized in coatings, the CRO has gradually turned its attention to specialty acrylates and methacrylates for photocuring technology.
Activities of the CRO
The CRO teams are made up of 30 engineers and 60 technicians, who work on the development of coatings, paints, inks, and adhesives. Research is focused on sustainable technologies (high-solid resins, aqueous phase technology, and photocurable resins) and new markets.
The CRO also has a technical assistance mission.
In order to present the public with its activities and the chemical professions, the CRO organizes numerous communication actions aimed at its employees, residents, elected officials, and school groups.
- Discovery days for CRO staff and their families to present the center’s activities
- Open house days dedicated to the Chemical week
- Collaboration with the University of Compiègne for hosting internships for graduating students
- Sponsor of the Verneuil-en-Halatte Trail
- Donation of computers for the reintegration of people into a professional environment
- Welcoming students from Chimie ParisTech and ESPCI