Arkema Villers-Saint-Paul production unit
The Villers-Saint-Paul plant produces photocure resins intended for the optical fiber, graphic arts, and electronics markets.
Located in Picardy, 60 kilometers from Paris, the Villers-Saint-Paul production site was set up in 1917. The plant joined the Arkema group in 2011.
With a workforce of 140 permanent employees (plus 35 employees from outside companies and nearly 300 induced jobs), the Villers-Saint-Paul production unit helps maintain the region’s industrial and economic drive.
Villers-Saint-Paul plant activity
The core business of the Villers-Saint-Paul plant is the production of photocure resins. The production unit exports the equivalent of 7,000 truckloads of products and 90,000 drums and IBC containers per year.
The Sartomer photocure resins produced at the Villers-Saint-Paul site are made using photo-crosslinking or “UV curing” technology, which allows a coating to be obtained by instant drying using ultraviolet rays.
Acrylate and methacrylate resins and specialty polymers (monomers and oligomers) have many daily applications, which are used in the manufacture of electronic components, optical fiber, industrial coatings, sealants, rubber-based products, and adhesives.
The Villers-Saint-Paul production unit is at the forefront in terms of the environment and safety. It pursues a proactive policy to reduce its impact on air and water as well as rigorous monitoring of its waste, which is recovered or recycled via the appropriate channels. Arkema’s Villers-Saint-Paul plant spends between €700,000 and €1 million each year on health, safety and the environment.
As part of Common Ground®, the Villers-Saint-Paul production unit carries out numerous awareness-raising actions among elected officials, residents and school groups.
Among these actions:
- Professors in Business Operation
- Sponsorship of women’s handball teams (ranked at the national level)
- Donation of laboratory equipment to scientific high schools
- Partnership with UIC for the Chemistry Village exhibition in Picardy
- Factory tour by the Bouffémont Professional Rehabilitation Center and the Marie Curie high school
- Welcoming students from Chimie ParisTech and ESPCI
- Participation in the Chemistry Open Doors Week 2018
- Participation in the Pères Noël verts [Green Santa Claus] operation with the Secours Populaire [French Popular Relief] organization of Nogent-sur-Oise
- Cork recovery operation with the Samu social
Villers-Saint-Paul in key figures (2019)
Number of employees
0 accidents since 2014
ISO 14001: Environmental management
ISO 9001: Quality management
ISO 50001: Energy management
OHSAS 18001: Safety management