The Arkema Mont production unit
Located at the heart of the economic center of the Greater Southwest region, near the Lacq/Mourenx hub which provides it with a major portion of its raw materials and utilities, the Arkema Mont plant contributes to the economic vitality of the Pau-Orthez employment pool, with 266 employees plus 80 subcontracted employees.
Mont site activity
The Mont production unit also manufactures Orgasol® polyamide powders used in the cosmetics, paint, and aeronautics fields.
Arkema Mont also produces Nanostrength®, nanostructured co-polymers, and Graphistrength®, carbon nanotubes. These materials are used in aeronautics, the automobile industry, and sports.
Classified as a Seveso 3, the Mont facility meets environmental and safety requirements: the site is ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified.
The Mont Unit in key figures (2019)
Number of employees
2 accidents on site, occurring on 04/10/2019 and 04/19/2019
ISO 14001: Environmental management
ISO 9001: Quality management
ISO 50001: Energy management
OHSAS 18001: Safety management
As part of Common Ground®, the Arkema Mont plant regularly conducts communications and awareness-raising operations for residents, elected officials, and school groups.
In the program:
- Open door days and guided tours of the site
- Welcoming students for a factory tour
- Welcoming local manufacturers
- Sponsorships and partnerships with local cultural and sports associations
- Participation in the Féminine de Pau women’s race
- Participation in the Professors in Business and Technicians & Engineers in Schools programs with the CGénial Foundation
- Participation in the Fête de la Science science festival in Mourenx and Pau (see below)
- Donation of computer equipment to educational institutions, along with the Lacq-Mourenx and GRL research facility (Groupement de Recherches de Lacq)