Today’s supply chain is shifting from “just in time” to “here and now”. Design engineers are no longer satisfied with standard products and are now demanding more personalized solutions – “faster”, “stronger”, “more sustainable”, “more renewable”, “smarter”. They demand materials that can be processed easily and then demonstrate outstanding performance.
3D Printing Solutions by Arkema brings a step change in the possibilities of additive manufacturing. Beyond offering an industry leading portfolio of materials, Arkema is committed to unlocking new opportunities by bringing comprehensive solutions and expertise to the client, from identifying their needs through industrialization.
A leading portfolio of solutions for each of the major 3D printing technologies
Arkema offers its customers the most extensive range of materials dedicated to 3D printing. Led by flagship brands such as Sartomer’s N3xtDimension® resins,Rilsan® bio-based polyamides, Orgasol® PA12, Kynar® fluoropolymers, and Kepstan® PEKK resins, Arkema’s product offering spans all major additive manufacturing processes – UV curing, powder bed fusion and extrusion. Arkema can respond effectively to a broad list of specifications for mechanical and thermal resistance, flexibility, transparency, color and durability.
A deep understanding of end-user applications and needs
Thanks to Arkema’s experience in highly demanding markets, we connect world class innovators in equipment production with end-users. Collaborative development is key. We share our spirit of collaborative development globally, while supplying and servicing each customer locally.
A close connection with our customers has been the bedrock of our success. As pioneers in extreme applications such as satellites and planes, world record-breaking sports shoes, the dental and medical fields, petrol transportation or the automotive sector, Arkema has grown its business in partnership with its customers. Challenges that are shared are solved faster. Some of the world’s most famous end-user brands count on Arkema as their trusted partner and supplier.
Leveraging partnerships along the chain
Converting new applications to 3D printing requires close collaboration with machine manufacturers, software editors or end users. Arkema engages in this sort of collaboration and brings the best of its advanced materials and innovative chemistry to optimize part properties and surface finishes, or higher throughput. These challenges are driving our innovation.
Some of our key industrial partners
- Customers of the HP 3D Multi Jet Fusion™ printer can print parts using new Arkema materials developed on HP’s open platform.
- Our partnership with EOS led to the development of Kepstan® PEKK powders, making mass-produced aviation parts possible that withstand extreme conditions.
- With Prodways, we are working on the development of new Polyamides 12-based laser sintering material solutions for the automotive, aerospace and medical industries.
- Partnership towards development of new material chemistries and supply chain models for Carbon’s manufacturing partners.
- Arkema has joined the Ultimaker Material Alliance Program, bringing very high performance polymers to the Cura Marketplace.