アルケマが in-cosmetics ショーでイノベーションを披露
Chemical name : Undecylenic acid
Common name : 10-Undecenoic acid, 10-Undecylenic acid, Undec-10-enoic, 10-Hendecenoic acid
Features and Certifications
- 100% linear chain bifunctional fatty acid with carboxylic acid functionality and a terminal double bond
- High purity > 97%
- Carbon neutral (ISO 14040)
- 100% castor oil origin
- 100% degree of Natural Origin (ISO16128:2016-Annex C)
- KOSHER and HALAL certified
- GMO and BSE-TSE free
- Conforms to the COSMOS Standard and to Natural Detergents and Natural Detergents made with organic standard
- For chemical intermediate use only
Arkema is a Founding Member of Pragati:
The World's First Sustainable Castor Program
The goal of the Pragati project is to enable sustainable castor crop production.
Used as a 100% bio-based, sustainable, carbon-neutral building block where the following properties might be needed:
- High purity
- 100% Linearity
- High reactivity
Common applications include:
Oleris® Undecylenic acid is a natural fatty acid and a physiological chemical contained in human sweat, tears, and hair. It is used as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of:
- Cosmetics requiring its cleansing, emulsifying, preservative, or surfactant properties like esters, ethanolamide derivatives and salts (calcium and zinc) with bacteriostatic properties
- For sustainable vegetable-based & natural ingredients
INCI name: undecylenic acid
Synthetic Lubricant Applications
Oleris® Methyl undecylenate is used as a building block for synthetic lubricants due to its renewabality and high viscosity index.
Oleris® Undecylenic acid is used to functionalize polymers and as a chain regulator, due to its double bond and high reactivity.
Flavors and Fragrances Applications
Due to its bifunctionality, Oleris® Undecylenic acid is used as an intermediate in the synthesis of aromatic chemicals like:
Oleris® Esterol A is a bio-based mixture of C18 (> 75%) fatty acid methyl esters processed from a renewable castor oil ...
Oleris® Methyl Undecylenate is a bio-based, bifunctional fatty ester with a terminal double bond from a renewable ...
Oleris® n-Heptaldehyde is a bio-based, saturated, 100% linear aldehyde from a renewable castor ...
Oleris® n-Heptanoic acid is a bio-based, seven-carbon linear chain saturated fatty acid from a ...
Oleris® n-Heptanol is a bio-based, linear seven-carbon fatty alcohol from a renewable castor ...
Oleris® Esterol F is a bio-based mixture of C18 (> 73%) fatty acid methyl esters from a renewable castor oil source (FAME, ...