Your value-added partnership with Arkema, the worldwide molecular sieves supplier
Since 1958 Arkema has been a major player in molecular sieves and a renowned expert in the field with its Siliporite® registered trademark.
In Polyurethane formulations, any trace amounts of water will react with isocyanate to form CO2 bubbles, which affects the properties of the final product. Moisture from the polyol and additives (such as pigments, fillers, solvents, etc.) must be captured to avoid that reaction. Molecular sieves are the most powerful moisture scavengers.
Siliporite® zeolite powder range is widely used as a desiccant in two-components (2K) polyurethane systems but can also perform in one-components (1K) polyurethane systems:
- Siliporite® NK30 AP (3Å) is the best grade for short pot life applications. It is very selective: only water is adsorbed, with no risk of gas desorption
- Siliporite® SA1720 (modified 3Å) patented grade was specially created for polyurethane CASE applications. Only water is adsorbed, with no risk of gas desorption. It gives a much longer pot-life than other 3Å molecular sieves
- Siliporite® SA1720 SC (3Å) small crystal version of Siliporite® SA1720 specially made for paste formulations enabling low decantation and long storage life
- Siliporite® NK10 AP (4Å) has the highest moisture adsorption capacity and gives the shortest pot-life. It can be used when gas desorption is not the main issue.
- Coatings: polyurethane and polyaspartic paints, floor paints, electronic motherboards coatings
- Adhesives: Bicomponents glues for food packaging, structural glues, monocomponents glues
- Sealants and Elastomers: windows insulated glass, gaskets, electrical insulators