Oleris® 2-Octanol is used as a green solvent for various resins intended for paints and coatings or adhesives sectors.
It can also be employed as a defoamer in different processes and as an additive for lubricants.
Furthermore, the sec-Capryl alcohol can be used as a solvent in rare minerals extraction.
As an intermediate, the sec-Capryl alcohol can be used in synthesis of a wide range of plasticizers esters and surfactants. It can produce for example:
- Alcohol alkoxylates and sulfates for detergency and personal care markets
- Adipates, Sebacates, Palmitates, Stearates for applications in cosmetic, paints and coatings, plastic, paper, textile, etc…
- Acrylates and Maleates for coatings and adhesives markets
- Salicylate, Myristate, Méthoxycinnamate for application in fragrances
Arkema is the world's largest producer of 2-Octanol.
Choose Oleris® 2-Octanol from Arkema to ensure:
- The 2-Octyl alcohol quality
- The supply-chain security
- Arkema expertise on castor oil chemistry to support your company through every step of its projects
Dimethyl Sebacate (DMS) is a dimethyl ester of sebacic acid. DMS has a vegetal origin since it is processed from ...
Sebacic acid is a natural C10 liquid fatty acid, directly produced from castor oil. Our decanedioic acid ...
Oleris® Esterol A is a bio-based mixture of C18 (> 75%) fatty acid methyl esters processed from a renewable castor oil ...
Oleris® Esterol F is a bio-based mixture of C18 (> 73%) fatty acid methyl esters from a renewable castor oil source (FAME, ...
Oleris® Bio-Based Methyl Undecylenate is a linear ester with a ...
Oleris® Bio-Based Undecylenic acid is a fatty acid with a terminal double bond used as a synthesis ...
Oleris® n-Heptaldehyde is a bio-based, saturated, 100% linear aldehyde from a renewable castor ...
Oleris® n-Heptanoic acid is a bio-based, seven-carbon linear chain saturated fatty acid from a ...
Oleris® n-Heptanol is a bio-based, linear seven-carbon fatty alcohol from a renewable castor ...