[Warning: On June 1st 2020, Arkema completed the divestiture of its Functional Polyolefins business to SK Global Chemical. A new company, SK Functional Polymer (SKFP), headquartered in Paris, France, has been created based on the existing Functional Polyolefins manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, R&D and international sales network teams. For more information, please visit: Lotader, Lotryl Orevac, Evatane websites: see links at the bottom].
Arkema has long-standing experience in the development of functionalized polyolefins. These thermoplastic materials enhanced with a range of functionalities (acrylics, epoxy, maleic anhydride) are suited to a large number of applications.
We offer a broad range of functional and reactive polyolefins under the following brand names:
- Lotader®: reactive copolymers (up to 8% reactive);
- Lotryl®: ethylene-acrylate copolymers;
- Evatane®: EVA copolymers (18-42% VA);
- Orevac® T: reactive EVA copolymers;
- Orevac® G: grafted polyolefins (PE, PP, EVA);
- EvasinTM EVOH copolymers (a trademark of Chang Chun Petrochemicals, based in Taipei, Taiwan.)
- Reseal M-Resins reclosable resins (marketed by Bostik, a subsidiary of Arkema)
- Flexible and rigid packaging: film, sheet, foil, tray, capsule.
- Oxygen barrier packaging for long shelf-life of food products.
- Impact modifier for engineering plastics for automotive, electronics, construction.
- Adhesives for multilayer fuel tanks.
- Soundproofing foam for automotive.
- Modifier for road bitumen and roofing membranes.
- Recycling of plastic materials.
- Components for so-called “hotmelt” thermoplastic adhesives.
- Foam for shoe soles.
- Cable sheathing.
- Masterbatch support.
Properties of our functional polyolefins
- Flexibility – Improve impact resistance of fragile technical polymers (thermoplastic polyamides, polyesters, …) or enhance the flexibility of rigid plastics (PPS, PBT, PA).
- Reactivity – Help bond materials together during the processing of plastics by extrusion, co-extrusion, extrusion coating or extrusion laminating.
- Processability – Can be used with most thermoplastics processing technologies.
- Compatibility – The polarity and reactivity of functional polyolefins make them compatible with many other plastics, making it possible to create plastic alloys.
Convenience – For reclosable and easy-peel lids.
- Barrier to oxygen.