Mining and metallurgy
Whether they need to optimize mineral recovery from natural deposits, enhance mineral purity, or improve metalworking performance, mining and metallurgy players need to meet their biggest challenges while reducing energy and water consumption. With our chemical solutions and expertise, Arkema helps generate more value at every stage of mineral processing. We also help metallurgic manufacturers improve formulations to achieve greater performance in terms of durability and safety. We market this expertise around the world, in particular through our subsidiary ArrMaz.
Mining and mineral processing
We help generate greater value from your operations at every stage of mineral processing including mineral suspension and slurry handling, flotation and other enrichment technologies, mineral concentrate improvement, and tailings management, and water recovery. Our chemical solutions and mineral processing expertise facilitate lower energy consumption and reduced water use in mining operations.
New mine projects
We provide consultations for engineering and process design for new mine projets. We help to integrate reagent formulation with flowsheet design and equipment selection, as well as metallurgical laboratory work to design better solutions adapted to new deposits.
Key benefits in mining and mineral processing operations
- Develop tailor-made solutions for each unique deposit;
- Generate more concentrate tons from existing deposits;
- Enable lower cost per ton through higher recovery and efficiency.
Better grade - higher value
- Efficiently float valuable ore while rejecting gangue minerals;
- Improve mineral grade resulting in higher pricing in the marketplace;
- Provide process consultation and custom flowsheet design.
Better cost performance
- Facilitate more tons at lower collector dose;
- Reduce energy and water use;
- Simplify processing steps while enabling easier mineral handling.
We stay ahead of developments concerning our customers in the metalworking industry. Arkema’s solutions cover metal cutting, forming and surface treatment technologies. We help to improve processes to achieve efficient formulation and improved performance in terms of durability and safety.