Arkema in Brazil
Arkema, a global manufacturer in specialty chemicals and advanced materials, is present in Brazil with 500 employees, 5 production sites, 3 laboratories, 11 distribution centers and 3 commercial subsidiaries. The Group's main customers in the country operate in the refining and petrochemicals, paint, construction and transportation sectors. These high potential areas are steadily growing in the world's 9th largest economic power.
Arkema was established in October 2004 following the spin-off of Total SA’s chemical branch, formerly Elf Atochem. In 2006, the Group was listed on the Paris stock market. Arkema finalized the acquisition of Coatex in 2007, and in 2012 the purchase of the Araçariguama plant (São Paulo region), which specializes in emulsions and additives. In 2015, Bostik, a world leader in glue and adhesive technologies, joined the Group to enhance its product offering.
Arkema is ramping up its development around high added value products. The Group has extensive coverage in the country, closest to the needs of its customers. The products manufactured in the Brazilian facilities are marketed in South America.
- Araraquara (Usina Fortaleza, Bostik subsidiary): production plant for cement-based powders
- Araçariguama (Coatex): production plant for acrylic emulsions and rheology additives
- Rio Claro: production plant for organic peroxides, thiochemicals and fluorogases
- São Roque (Usina Fortaleza, Bostik subsidiary): production plant for high performance adhesives and sealants
- São Paulo: headquarter Arkema Quimica Ltda and commercial representative office
- Rio de Janeiro: commercial representative office
- Camaçari: commercial representative office